Saturday, May 13, 2017

Oot and Aboot*

Time has come today...
I find it necessary to take the time necessary to do a whole bunch of stuff this weekend. Stuff which will keep me away from my trusty computer for rather large periods of that precious commodity, time.

While I might find the time (there's that concept again) to perhaps post something from my (shudder) cell phone, I might not.

I will be monitoring (and hopefully answering) comments so behave yourselves. Virgil knows where the key to the liquor cabinet is, so it's probably empty. But there may be times over this Mother's Day weekend when there will be no adult supervision around. So be careful. (No running with scissors!)

This, and a short post for Sunday, it's all I've got for now.

Turn the music down after 2200 hours and clean up any mess you might make. (I'm looking at you LUSH.)

Enjoy!



Yes, time has come today!





* Just channeling my inner Canadian.

16 comments:

  1. Hmm, you started in Canada and ended in Mississippi. That there is a lotta scope for a post. Never heard of, or to my knowledge heard, The Chambers Brothers before, so thanks for putting that up. Great song. I love, love, LOVE that phrase, ...And my soul has been psychedelicized. Might be the cure for all human suffering there. Do the pizza boxes have to be recycled or can we just toss them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Save the pizza boxes. We'll have a bonfire when I get back.

      Yeah, that song is a favorite.

      Delete
  2. So....The Missus is RTBing and the erstwhile Batchelor Pad must be returned to "Shipshape and Bristol Fashion" eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the late sixties the Chambers Brothers, and that song in particular, dominated the after work social scene.
    You must bear in mind that after work was some time around 2:30AM and copious amounts of beer and funny cigarettes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That song is one that I am fond of also. Thanks for the post. If your wife is like mine, she'll know ( almost to the minute ) when you started cleaning up for her return. Wives are our most precious ball and chain.

    Paul L. Quandt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo, we can have the party AFTER Mrs. gets back home to celebrate her safe return, right? That way she can see you kept a nice clean house, and you are very happy to have her home again. That's the plan, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um yes, excellent plan. (I'll cancel the pizza.)

      Delete
  6. Check out the Guardians of the Galaxy Soundtrack on YouTube. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, the cats will help out with the leftovers.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.